Tuesday, February 8, 2011

KARISHMA LEADS THE WAY, actress Karishma Tannah maintains that she’s the lead heroine of the film

It’s always news when a Mumbai-based actress makes her debut in a Sandalwood film. But it’s quite a different story when she gets tongues wagging even before the film has hit theatres. That’s the case with small-screen actress Karishma Tannah, who is making her Sandalwood debut with I’m Sorry... Mathe Banni Preethsona opposite Prem. The film, which was supposed to release on Valentine’s Day, has been pushed and its director Ravindra claims it’s because Karishma has not been involved in its promotions. “How can I promote the film when I don’t know when it’s releasing? I’ve tried contacting Prem and the director, but to no avail. How will I know what’s happening in Bangalore when I’m in Mumbai? I didn’t even get an invitation to attend the press meet,” she says, adding, “It took one-and-half years to make this film. I’m quite upset about the delay, but I’m eagerly awaiting its release.”
Then there’s also the matter of the kissing scene that was reportedly shot with Prem and Karishma, something the actress says never happened. But pictures of her and Prem in a near-kiss have been doing the rounds for quite some time. “I can’t comment about it, but I have not shot any kissing scene for the film. Actually, Ravindra had planned one, but he dropped the idea for reasons best known to him,” says Karishma.
Ravindra has also said that there are four heroines in the film and it’s left to the audience to decide who the lead actress is. “No, I’m the lead heroine. The other actresses have just made guest appearances,” maintains Karishma. “I play a housewife and there was scope for performance. There’s an element of glamour too. I’m sure I’ll be in demand with directors and producers from the industry after they watch me in this film,” says a confident Karishma.

No comments:

Post a Comment